Saturday, January 16, 2010

shakin' her head

God, i dont know how you do it
sometimes you just amaze me
and i have to stop
and just say "did that really happen?"
sometimes i look out the window at the crack of dawn
and my breath is drained
because of the beautiful colors
you make
in the sky.
sometimes i have to shrug my shoulders
and say "it's only you, Lord"
because there's no other explanation--
none.
sometimes i wonder how you turn things around
so that what i thought was impossible
or what i had dreaded
somehow suddenly makes sense.
and for those times when my faith is weak--
oh too many times, i fear--
show me up again, God.
remind me
that you know what you're doing,
because i know you do,
i just forget.

keep me faithful in the daily,
fixed on the eternal,
and fascinated by you

always.


H

No comments:

Post a Comment