Saturday, January 2, 2010

hello 2010

so i made a few goals for the next year. i dont think i've ever actually written down my "new year's resolutions" before; they're usually more of a mental thing...which could be why they aren't usually accomplished. that and they weren't really that practical.

so from now til december, i've got some goals for my life. and by the Lord's grace i'll accomplish them unless he takes me home sooner (which i wouldn't mind, in a good way). :)

to begin with--my theme verse for the year:

2 Timothy 2:22
"Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart."


1. Spend honest time with the Lord each day, either in prayer or studying the Bible
2. Read through the entire Bible at least once
3. Memorize 4 books of the Bible (1 every 3 months)
4. Make a prayer chart each month and pray for different people each day
5. Each week (perhaps on Sundays), spend 1 hour in prayer for others, missions, my church family, the future, etc
6. By the end of each month, share the gospel story with at least 1 new person
7. Every month (at least), review current events and news
8. Start learning Hindi and researching more about India
9. Start each day acknowledging my need for the Lord
10. End each day by thanking God for something/someone in my life


-H

No comments:

Post a Comment