Friday, July 22, 2011

abandoning the chains.

fresh basil scents the kitchen sink
reflections of blue water dance across the stones outside
and i am here
alive
and breathing in a smile.

listened to dresdow's message from last week
and i'm going to change
not the hard-core, i'm-determined-to-succeed,
the i'll-pull-my-own-bootstraps-up change
that i often exude
even if only in my own thought life,
but the change that comes from
emptying
of all you pride yourself on
and realizing
yet again
you are nothing, and yet,
God loves me.
simple? yes. profound? definitely.
incredible? immeasurably.

i've said before i'm an extreme person.
and these dogs think i'm nuts
but who cares?
they can't stop me from bubbling off the walls
with God's love.
call me cheesy, call me strange.

but if the Son has set me free,
then i am free indeed.

and oh the joy with which that freedom rings...


H

No comments:

Post a Comment