Friday, July 2, 2010

torn


what do i do, Lord? what do you want me to do?

there are so many options vying for my attention, so many paths i could take--and in some respects i want to take--but i cannot travel them all. do You want me to teach? in the states or somewhere else? india? right now or later? should i stay and get more training? should i clear my credential? should i work where i was accepted or keep looking? oh God, please forgive me for my lack of trust in You! forgive me for the many times i tell You what i want to do! let my heart only be to do Your will, not mine! but oh Lord, please make it clear to me, i'm begging You! i am being pulled in so many directions and i need Your wisdom and guidance. i need the counsel of others. break my pride, Father, and look down with patience on Your daughter. let me dwell safely in Your loving arms tonight, Jesus, and fill my mind with thoughts of You, not of worry about the future. You are the God of Abraham, Joshua, Isaiah, Paul, James, Solomon, David, and You led each of them in the way You had chosen. show the way for Your servant, oh Lord. bring me contentment as i learn to forsake everything but You.


H

No comments:

Post a Comment