Wednesday, July 21, 2010

let her be

why don't they understand?
can't they see?
they're tearing me apart with their ignorance
their encouragement is breaking my heart and causing doubts to rise
i was fine, i was victorious
but their questions--over and over--their assumptions
has eaten me away and i can't stand it
why can't they just be silent
and really think before speaking?
i'm sick of it all
they just don't get it
they don't see because their eyes are closed
don't they know what it's taken me?
why can't they stop and try for once
to honestly look at it from my perspective
and take my words for what i really say
i hate the pity, the sympathy
because i'd rather grow by myself
than be stunted by "advice" and "encouragement"
if you're going to do that, then just let me be
turn your hurtful eyes
and say nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment