Tuesday, October 30, 2012

drawing near

there are days when i stop...

and think about the things with which i've been blessed
and it often overwhelms my weak soul.

tonight it has happened again
where the Lord took fears and negative expectations
(of last spring)
and proved them wrong.
i admit--i was scared back then, timidly entering this year
letting my fearful heart & the past control my thoughts

but again and again, he has shown me
so gently, so lovingly
that he knew all along how things would be
and how much i'd fall in love with that which i once feared

and when i thought my world was falling apart
he was actually planting the seeds for it to really take off
and burst into vibrancy and color

so now, i draw near, with an abundantly abounding, thankful heart
to the throne of gentle grace and sweetness of my dear Jesus.


H

No comments:

Post a Comment