Thursday, February 2, 2012

for an aching heart

you O Lord are my strength and my shield
my fortress
the one who lifts my weary head
my comforter, my rock
my water when i thirst in the desert
you are my safety and my delight
my stronghold
with your loving arms wrapped tightly around my trembling frame
you love me
you rejoice over me
you lavish me with gifts
you are my healer, my great physician
the one who knows all things
you hold me gently in your hand
and protect me under your wings
you touch my chin and tilt it upward, not to the ground
you wipe the thousands and thousands of tears
and keep them safe in a bottle for your own glory
you are my teacher when i am foolish
my guide when i am lost
and my hope when i so desperately want to despair
you relieve the fears and worries that knock at my heart's door
you argue my salvation before the throne
and take the pain and the sin that shouldve been mine
you are my rest, my peace, my satisfaction
you cover me with grace and mercy
you calm my anxious thoughts
and still my restless soul
you are my defense, my help, my wisdom
you are my leader, my deliverer, and my king
yes, O Lord, you are my joy.


H

No comments:

Post a Comment