Friday, October 1, 2010

3 hours

we sat there and talked by the lake tonight
i laughed, almost cried, and smiled up at him often
i'm sure he thought i was crazy
and yet, i know he understands

from two different perspectives we watched the sky
silent lightning illuminated one patch of clouds
and we watched it as the sun set behind the horizon;
each time it shot out with fire-like brilliance,
i stopped breathing,
and i'd just look at him with huge, bright eyes
because i loved it so much

and i told him all the things he was to me
things that words cant give justice to
i talked of my dreams and my fears, mostly the latter of the two
and though i couldnt get any clear answers tonight,
being with him gave me peace
because he's so much wiser than i
and i know he'll be with me when they do come
and there's no one else i'd rather share them with.


H

No comments:

Post a Comment