Monday, December 14, 2009

brother's wisdom

my brother is very wise
and i respect him a lot

last night he reminded me of something
which i had forgotten

he said,
trying to get rid of something in your life
or thoughts
is like trying to get air out of a jar
no matter how hard you try to suck all the air out
it wont work
unless
you fill it with water

and so it is with our lives
the only way
to get something out of your life
or thoughts
is to fill them with something else
like Jesus

to be so completely consumed by Jesus
and loving him above all else
will slowly take away
the worries of other things

and so i've decided
this week
to focus on filling my life
with God's word
and thoughts about him
so that it crowds out
all the unncessary worries
that shouldn't be there.


and this is the verse that's been running through my head all day:
"for i have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer i who live, but Christ who lives in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment